- It is a national level entrance test which will facilitate admission into postgraduate courses valid all over India.
- Qualifying in GPAT is a necessary condition for appearing to NIPER-JEE exam which is also an entrance exam for admission into various postgraduate courses in seven National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPERs) across India (For more information on various NIPERs, click here).
- A candidate will be paid scholarship of Rs. 8,000/- per month by AICTE (AICTE-Postgraduate scholarship) if he/she is admitted into any postgraduate course through valid GPAT score and proper counseling procedure.
- CSIR has now recognized GPAT for admission into PhD. Some CSIR institutions through out India are considering GPAT qualified candidates. A GPAT qualified candidate interested in research can approach any a scientist working the area of his/her interests and apply during admission process. Alternatively, AcSIR will release a notification twice in a year via all CSIR institutes to which candidates can apply.
- Since GPAT is a national level aptitude test, the score is an index of the candidate’s capability. Therefore, students who wish to pursue their higher education outside India are also suggested to write the GPAT. Qualifying in GPAT is a good credential to have and a top score will further strengthen your curriculum vitae. Though GPAT qualification is not a necessary condition for admission to foreign schools, many academicians believe that a good score will speak on the candidate’s grip over various subjects in Pharmaceutical sciences. Thereby facilitating the candidate in getting into a good university.
- For students willing to study in India, it is not only a prerequisite for admission into PG course but even after one completes the courses; it will be helpful for PhD admission into various institutions including NIPERs. For appearing to NIPER-JEE (PhD Entrance test, it is necessary to have a GPAT qualification). All the universities consider qualification in GPAT as a meritorious credential during some point of PhD admission process.
- GPAT qualified candidate may also have an advantage during various interviews for jobs in industry/ academia.
Have more doubts? Read FAQ here
For more information on GPAT-2014 and to apply online click here.