GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY AP Grama Sachivalayam category-1 Model Paper 2020 Telugu 150 Question and Answers
1. Which Indian city hosted the 106th Indian Congress?
2. Read the following statements carefully and choose the right answer by
using the codes given below:
I. Congress Socialist Party was founded in 1934 under the leadership of
Acharya NarendraDev and Jai Prakash Narayan.
II. In February 1927, Motilal Nehru, on behalf of National Congress, attended
the Congress of Oppressed Nationalities at Brussels.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
3. Which of the following rights was described by Dr. B.R.Ambedkar as ‘The Heart
and Soul of the Constitution‟?
Right to Constitutional Remedies
4. Which of the following describes India as a Secular State?
Preamble to the Constitution
5. In Eleventh Five year plan of India, the achievement of agricultural growth
rate was around:
6. The Central Statistical Unit(CSU) which was converted into Central Statistical
Organization(CSO) in the year:
7. As per population census-2001, the rural sex ratio in India was around:
8. Which of the following three R‟s are regarded as environment friendly?
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
9. Which among the following countries announced to impose „Carbon Tax‟ for
2019 to cut its greenhouse gas emission-?
10. Who was sworn in as the Chief Justice of the Telangana High Court on 1st
Justice Thottathil Bhaskaran Nair Radhakrishnan
11. Which document among the following is known as „Magna Carta of
Education‟ in India?
Wood‟s Dispatch of 1954
12. The Third edition of Raisina Dialogue in New Delhi was inaugurated by the
Prime Minister of :
13. Which country has been ranked as the most peaceful country in the Global
Peace Index released by Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) in 2018.
14. United Nations Human Rights Council(UNHRC) has 47 UN member states with
specific number of seats allotted for each five regions of the globe. How many
seats are allotted for Asia-Pacific States.
15. United Nation observed the first official Braille Day on
16. Where is the Headquarters of North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)?
17. Earth Day is celebrated every year on
18. Which Spacecraft is the first to land on the far side of the moon?
19. Which of the following movies has been selected as India‟s official entry to
the Oscar 2019 (91st Academy Awards) under Foreign Language category
20. What is the rank of India in Global Gender Gap Report2018 released by the
World Economic Forum (WEF) on December 2018.
21. Who is the first women to win a gold medal n the women‟s 400 meter final
race at the IAAF world under-20 AthleticC hampionships held in Finland?
22. The Union Cabinet has approved an ordinance to set up the country‟s first
national sports university in one state recently, identify the state.
23. Who won the men‟s single Wimbledon 2018 Championship title?
24. Who won the 16th National Squash Women‟s Singles title?
25. Which university has been ranked as world‟s most innovative university by
Reuters news agency in 2018?
26. In which place the G20 Digital Economy Ministerial meeting was held?
27. Name the country for which the Resolution 2428 was adopted by UNSC in
28. What is the rank of India on Happiness level in the World Happiness Report,
29. There are five friends A, B, C, D and E. A is shorter than B but taller than E. C is
tallest. D is a little shorter than B and little taller than A. Who is the shortest?
30. P is fifteenth from the left end in a row of boys and Q is eighteenth from the
right end. If R is tenth from P towards the right end and fourth from Q towards
right end. How many boys are there in the row?
31. Who was the first woman speaker of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly?
K. Pratibha Bharati
32. In which year Andhra University was established?
33. Insert the missing number in the following series2/3, 4/7, ____, 11/21, 16/31
34. In a certain code, GAMESMAN is written as AGMEMSAN. How would
DISCLOSE be written in that code?
35. There are five books A, B, C, D and E. The book C lies above D, the book E is
below A and B is below E. Which is at the bottom?
36. The booklet Asbab-e-Baghawat-e-Hind (The Causes of the Indian Revolt)? is
written by whom?
Syed Ahmed Khan
37. Who was the first woman to climb mount Everest in the world?
38. Name the institute in which the Indian Tsunami Early Warning Centre (ITEWC)
Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Service (INCOIS)
39. India participated in a joint military drill called „Vajra Prahar 2018‟ in Jaipur
on 1st December 2018. Name the country with whom this joint exercise was
40. Name the institute that was awarded the “Outstanding Case Writer award
at the inaugural case collection Managers meet held in Hyderabad on 16th
ICFAI Business School
41. International Labour Organisation‟s conventions 138 and 182 are related to:
42. Which article provides the„Right to Education‟ to all children of the age of six
to fourteen years?
Article 21 A
43. Article 30 of the Indian Constitution deals with:
Right of the minorities to establish and administer educational
44. Andhra Pradesh topped the list of ease of living index in 2018 followed by
Odisha and Madhya Pradesh. This ranking was done under the scheme known
45. The news papers contain one of the following toxic materials
46. Carbon monoxide breathing is harmful for human being because
It competes with oxygen in the blood
47. Undavalli Caves is located in
48. From where was GSAT-1 was launched?
49. An object is thrown with a certain force from South-east to north-west. The
wind exerts an equal force from south –west to north-East. What is the final
direction of the object?
50. How many times the hands of a clock will be in vertically opposite directions
from 10.00 a.m to 10.00 p.m?
51. The time by your watch is 10.31 o‟clock. In checking with two friends you find
that their watches give time as 10.25 and 10.34. Assuming that all the three
watches are equally good, what do you think is the probability of correct time?
52. Which part of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act 2014 deals with
„Management and Development of Water Resources?
53. With reference to Global alliance for Climate-Smart Agriculture (GACSA);
which of the following statement is correct?
Membership of GACSA does not create any binding obligation
54. Which section of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act 2014 deals with
representation of the Anglo-Indian community?
55. Telugu literature was first influenced by which empire?
56. Andhra state was created on linguistic basis from part of Madras Presidency
in which year?
57. What is to the east of Andhra Pradesh?
Bay of Bengal
58. Who was the first Prime Minister from Andhra Pradesh?
P.V. Narasimha Rao
59. World toilet Day s celebrated on
60. Which of the following agency published the Red data book?
61. Which of these countries is considered to have world‟s first sustainable Biofuel economy?
62. Name the Soviet Union suborbital flight carrying two dogs Dezik and Tsygan.
63. The 10th BRICS summit Declaration was named as
64: Who is the author of the famous book series „Game of Thrones‟?
George R.R Martin
65: The first Rampa Rebellion took place in which of the following years?
66: Gottipati Brahmaiah, a freedom fighter from Andhra Pradesh was popularly
Leader of Farmers
67. The battle of „Padmanabham‟ between the Britishers and the kings of the
Vijayanagaram was fought on:
10 July 1794
68. In which year the control of the British government in India was transferred
to the British crown?
69. Who among the following was the last Viceroy of British India?
70. Who among the following put forward the „Theory of Drain of Wealth,‟
which highlighted the exploitation of Indian resources for the benefit of Britain?
71. Which schedule to the Constitution of India lists the official languages?
72. Which of the following was the capital of Andhra State until 1956?
73. How many States and Union Territories are present in India?
29 States and 7 Union Territories
74. Forests and lakes are best classified as examples of:
75. The Pasarlapudi blowout near Amalapuram in the East Godavari district of
Andhra Pradesh occurred on which of the following days:
8 January 1995
76. On which river was the Paithan (Jayakwadi) Hydro-electric project
77. According to twelfth five year plan document, development of which of the
following is a general capability enhancer for all agents?
78. During the eleventh Five year plan period (2007-08 to 2011-12), on an
average, private consumption expenditure as percentage of GDP was:
79. Which of the following was an essential element of strategy, in Fourth Five
Year Plan of India, aimed at achieving balance on foreign account and goal of
A sustained increase of exports by about 7 percent a year during
the plan period
80. As per Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India Index-Baseline Report2018, for the construction of SDG India index, NITI Aayog left out which one of
the following SDG?
Sustainable consumption and production
81. Which of following is true in relation to the Economic Statistics Division (ESD)
of the Central Statistical Office (CSO)?
ESD compiles the Index of Industrial Production
82. Which of the following method of measuring GNP is called as Final Product
83. Smart Cities Mission is a holistic city rejuvenation programme for:
100 Cities in India
84. Which of the following is true in relation to the value of ‘Index of Crop
Diversification’ in agriculture sector?
It ranges between 0 (zero) and 1 (one)
85. The expected share of India‟s services sector exports in global services
exports by the year 2022:
86. In relation to India‟s Balance of Payments, the Current Account Deficit
(CAD) in the second Quarter of 2017-18 was around:
87. According to World Bank‟s Ease of Doing Business Report-2018, India‟s rank
in ease of doing business in 2018 is:
88. The „Monetary Policy Committee’ determines the policy interest rate
required to achieve:
The inflation target
89. Which of the following is a capital market instrument in India?
90. According to Comptroller and Auditor General of India report, which of the
following is true in relation to the composition of total revenue receipts of
Andhra Pradesh in 2015-16 Financial Year?
Own tax revenue of the state accounted for around 45% of total
revenue receipts of the state
91. In the total revenue receipts of Andhra Pradesh for the year 2016-17, The
share of grants- in-aid from government of India, was around:
92. What is the amount GOI has directly transferred to state implementing
agencies during the year 2016-17
93. Who was awarded the first ever Philip Kotler Presidential Award by the World
Marketing Summit held in India in the year 2018?
94. First state to implement 10% quota for economically weak in an Unreserved
95. Which country is the World’s largest producer of solar energy?
96. Which among the following two new science communication platforms
launched by Union minister for science and technology are?
DD Science and India Science
97. Which research institution has launched a new platform called ‘Samwad
with students’ to engage students in space science activities?
98. Legal protection to industrial designs is given in 2001 under the following
99. The differences between the value of currency and the cost of producing is
100. “ N.T.R. Bharosa” scheme is a
101.“Aadarana 2 “is a programme launched by A.P. Government for :
102. Who is the chairman for APSCHE ?
103. “ ChandraKanthi “ is a programme to :
Dristribute LED lamps
104. Name the area wise largest district of Andhra Pradesh
105. In the Indian context what is what is the implication of ratifying „Additional
Protocol‟ with the „International Atomic Energy Agency‟(IAEA)?
The civil nuclear reactor come under the safeguard of IAEA
106. How many times digit 0 appear between 1 and 10000?
107. If in a certain language TRIVANDRUM is coded as 2 5 9 5 3 5 4 7 5 8, how
would MADRAS be coded?
108. Who spelt out sustainable development?
109. Saffron is produced in
110. India‟s highest annual rainfall state is
111. ———– state is known for growing the spices?
112. Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme was launched by ————-
Ministry of Women and Child Development
113. Headquarters of Confederation of Indian Industries is located
114. Who wrote the controversial novel the satanic verses?
115. What is the theme of 2018 & 2019 World Diabetes Day?
The family and diabetes
116. The Cannes film festival is held in ———-
117. Who was the first woman to go to space?
118. The religious text of Jews is ——————
119. Which was the official mascot of FIFA 2018 World cup?
120. What is the minimum age to become the President of India?
121. Who was the first person to address United Nations in Hindi?
Atal Bihari Vajpayee
122. Who authored Gitanjali?
123. When did the Right to Information Act come into force in
12th October 2005
124. The Nobel Prize was instituted by which country?
125. The world yoga day is celebrated on ————–
126. When is National technology day celebrated in India?
127. The Nobel prize 2018 in medicine was given to —————–
Allison and Honjo
128. Who among the following has written Musalamma Maranamu?
129. Who among the following presidents of India gave assent to
Andhra Pradesh reorganisation bill?
130. Who among the following was the CM of in AndhraPradesh at
the time of Jai Andhra Movement (1972)?
PV Narasima Rao
131. Siddhartha Gautam was the founder of ———–
132. Sikh Scriptures are found in
133. ———– was the person who discovered new sea route to India
via coast of South Africa on 20th May 1498.
Vasco De Gama
134. ———— in 1875 founded Arya Samaj in Bombay.
Swami Dayanand Saraswati
135. M.K.Gandhi announced mass civil disobedience movement in
the year —–
136. Sriharikota, the location of Satish Dhawan Space Research
Centre is located in the district
137. Which cloud type produces rainstorms?
138. From the choices below, the best estimate of the age of the Universe is —–
—– years old.
139. Which chemical salt is used in cloud seeding?
140. The region between ~ 30° to 35° north and 30° to 35° south latitudes is
characterized by weak winds. This region is called ————
The horse latitudes.
141. What was the theme of the World Environment Day,2018?
Beat plastic pollution
142. Where was the International Conference on Climate Change held in
143. Which lenses are used by people having short-sightedness?
144. Which liquid is used in an aneroid barometer?
145. Where did Mahatma Gandhi started his first Satyagraha in India?
146. When was the Indian Constitution first amended?
147. Who appoints the judges of the Supreme Court?
148. Which state is known as the `Granary of India`?
149. The Forest(Conservation)Act was enacted in the year
150. The leading producer of coffee is