GENERAL STUDIES & MENTAL ABILITY
1. In a Dengue patient, the following would fall down drastically?
Count of Platelets
2. The following is generally used in bone healing in humans?
3. Radioactivity was discovered by?
4. The most abundant element in the Universe is?
5. In a healthy adult, what is the approximate percentage of white blood cells in total blood
6. During winter in cold countries, the following is mixed to melt the ice on the roads?
7. Which of the following planets moves around the Sun with highest speed?
8. Apart from Sun light and Carbon Dioxide, the source for production of Oxygen through
photosynthesis in plants is?
9. In Chlorophyll, the central metal ion is?
10. Which of the following is not a green house gas?
11. Which of the following is an inorganic lubricant?
12. When an iron nail gets rusted, its weight?
13. In its natural state, the odour of LPG is?
LPG is odourless gas
14. Out of the following, which compoundhas highest solubility in Water?
15. Gamma Rays are?
Rays without any charge
16. The most common method Uranium enrichment is?
17. In vulcanization of natural rubber, the following is used?
18. If a person goes down into a deep mine, his weight?
19. Oyster shells are composed primarily of?
20. A hydrometer is used to measure?
Relative density of liquids
21. The intensity of earthquakes is measured using?
22. Recently India held a 2+2 dialogue with?
23. The theme of National Statistics Day celebrated on 29th June, 2018 was?
Quality Assurance in Official Statistics
24. What of the following is not one of the objectives of Solar Charkha mission launched by
President of India in June, 2018?
To provide solar charkhas to 10 lakh handloom weavers
25. Manufacture and import of which of the following hormones is banned by Government of India
from 1st July, 2018?
26. Who amongst the following is one of the winners of World Food Prize, 2018?
27. Who is the present Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha?
Harivansh Narayan Singh
28. Which country gifted two giant tortoises to India, which are kept at Nehru Zoological Park,
Hyderabad in June, 2018?
29. What is the name of the program launched recently by Indian Railways on ethics in public
30. By which name, the longest lunar eclipse of the Century (occurred in July, 2018) is called?
Drug Inspector Exam General Knowledge Previous Questions
31. Who amongst the following got Ramon Magsaysay Award for 2018?
32. What is name of the flagship programme launched by Government of India in 2018 aiming at
holistic nutrition for children, adolescents, pregnant women and lactating mothers?
33. To which country India donated 200 cows during Prime Minister’s visit in July, 2018?
34. What is the name of the navy sailor from India, who participated in Golden Globe Race and was
rescued by a French fishing vessel when his boat was damaged in deep waters recently?
35. The draft of National Register of Citizens was recently published with reference to the State of?
36. Which High Court of India recently declared entire animal kingdom as legal entities with rights,
duties and liabilities of a living person?
Uttarakhand High Court
37. As per the Public Affairs Index, 2018, which is the best governed State in India?
38. How many medals are won by India at Asian Games, 2018?
39. Who out of the following persons won a Gold medal at Asian Games, 2018 in Wrestling?
40. Which of the following athletes is nicknamed as “Dhing Express”?
41. Who won the Gold medal in Women’s Singles Category of Badminton at Asian Games, 2018?
42. Which of the following Indus Valley sites is in India?
43. Ancient people of South India buried the dead along with weapons, tools, pottery etc in graves
and placed big stones around the graves. These structures are known as?
44. Which metal did the ancient Indians use first?
45. The administrative setup of early Aryans was in the nature of?
46. The interaction of Indian craftsman with Greeks and Romans resulted in the following art form?
47. Which of the following Satavahana Kings had immense love for overseas trade and navigation so
much so that the coins issued by him had picture of a ship?
48. The Grand Trunk Road from Indus to Bengal was restored by one of the following rulers?
Sher Shah Suri
49. The Mansabdari system was introduced by?
a. Sher Shah
50. In Mughal period, the letter of credit issued by Shroffs (money keepers) to people who
deposited cash for collecting it later or collecting the cash at a different place after journey was
51. Out of the following, who plundered Delhi and carried away the Koh-i-Noor diamond?
52. Out of the following, who introduced the system of revenue farming in Bengal?
53. Which was the seat of power of Peshwas?
54. Who were executed by the British along with Bhagat Singh on 23rd March, 1931?
Sukhdev and Rajguru
55. The Poorna Swaraj declaration was promulgated by Indian National Congress in 1929 at?
56. At the time of Independence, which of the following Nawabs announced accession to Pakistan
though most of the population desired to stay with India?
Nawab of Junagadh
57. Partition of Bengal was done by the British in the year?
58. Out of the below, a prominent leader of militant nationalist thought was?
59. The Swadeshi movement was also known in Andhra region as?
60. Out of the following who wrote the “History of Indian National Congress”
Drug Inspector Exam Bihar AP Maharastra Kerala Important Solved Paper
61. Why did Congress Ministries in provinces resign in 1939?
Protesting against decision of Viceroy to make India as party to war with Germany
62. Approximately how many people died in Great Bengal Famine of 1943 (choose the nearest
About 20 lakh
63. The visit of Mahatma Gandhi to Naokhali between November 1946 to March 1947 after the riots
Gandhiji failed to stop the enmity and violence
64. Out of the following, who first referred the matter of “Kashmir” to the United Nations Security
Council in 1948?
65. Out of the persons below, Who founded the Hindusthan Socialist Republican Association?
66. Out of the below, India is part of the following land?
67. The valleys in Siwalik ranges are called as?
68. What is a “doab”?
An area between two rivers
69. “Ooty” is situated in?
70. Which of the following places in Andaman & Nicobar Islands is of volcanic origin?
71. Which of the following rivers is located in Brahmaputra basin?
72. Which of the following is the standard meridian of India?
73. Which of the following places in India receives the highest average annual rainfall?
74. In Kerala, the pre-monsoon showers are popularly known as?
75. Hangul deer is endemic habitant of?
76. Red Sanders are endemic species of the following hill range?
77. What is the position of Andhra Pradesh State in Lime Stone production (quantity) in India?
78. Sillimanite mining is done in the following district of Andhra Pradesh?
79. As per Census 2011, which of the following districts of Andhra Pradesh has lowest number of
rural population as percentage of total population of the District?
80. As per Census, 2011, which of the following districts of Andhra Pradesh had the highest
percentage of child population (as percentage of total population of the district)?
81. The highest peak in Eastern Ghats is?
82. As mentioned in the AP Reorganization Act, 2014, which port was to be developed by the
83. The grasslands of North America are known as?
84. The varying lengths of day and light at different times of year at any place on earth is due to the
The axis of the earth is inclinedto the elliptic of revolution around Sun
85. Majority of the deserts of the World lie between the following latitudes?
0 to 15 degree north and south latitudes
86. The Masai tribesman are residents of?
87. The temperature of the “Photosphere” of Sun is about?
6000 degrees centigrade
88. Which is the most earthquake prone nation in the World?
89. As per latest data, which Country of the World produces the highest quantity of Gold?
90. As per State of Forest report, 2015, which of the following States has highest forest cover as
percentage of its area?
Drug inspector preparation notes
91. Which of the following stretches of Andhra Pradesh is most vulnerable to Cyclones?
Ongole to Machilipatnam
92. Which Cyclone caused maximum loss of human life in Andhra Pradesh?
93. The speed of a Tsunami wave approaching the shore would be?
The Tsunami wave slows down in speed
94. In the post disaster scenario, which of the following operations play major role?
Search and Rescue
95. In earth quake resistant design, the door and window openings on walls should be?
Small and centrally located
96. Which of the following Statements is most appropriate?
I. Earthquakes do not kill people
II. It is badly designed buildings that kill people
Both Statements are true and Statement II is the reason behind Statement I
97. For the purpose of reducing wind force on a roof, the following type of roof is preferable?
98. The responsibility to cope up with natural disasters essentially lies with?
99. The nodal ministry to coordinate disaster management operations in case of biological disasters
Ministry of Home Affairs
100. Who heads the National Crisis Management Committee constituted by Central Government for
101. Which Article of the Constitution prescribes six freedoms?
102. The Union of India is?
Indissoluble union of States
103. The Inter State Council is Constituted under which Article of the Constitution?
104. Out of the following, what is true about the fundamental rights?
They are granted by the Constitution
105. To become a Member of Parliament of India, a person has to be?
No educational qualification is necessary
106. The word “Secularism” was added to the preamble of the Constitution through?
107. The Salaries and allowances of Judges of Supreme Court of India are met from?
Consolidated fund of India
108. The right to education is a?
109. In which year, Emergency was promulgated by President due to “internal disturbances”?
110. What is the minimum age for a person to be elected as President of India?
111. How many readings would a bill undergo in a house of Parliament before it is passed?
112. How many members are nominated by the President to Rajya Sabha from the fields of Arts,
Literature, Science, Social Service etc?
113. In how many days after receipt, the Legislative Council has to send back a “money bill” to
114. Which of the following is an “essential function” of Gram Panchayat?
Maintaining burial grounds
115. Out of the following, which is the major source of revenue for Panchayats?
116. Out of the following, which is not a feature of the 1991 New Economic Policy?
117. As per India’s National Population Policy, 2000, the objective is to stabilize the population by the
118. FEMA was passed in the parliament in the year 1999 replacing FERA. One of the objectives of
FEMA as stated in the preamble of the Act is?
Facilitating external trade and payments
119. The Five Year Plan that proposed land reforms through cooperative land management for the
first time is?
Second Five Year Plan
120. The growth of the Indian economy in the post 1991 period is mainly attributable to?
Service led growth
121. The most important item in India’s imports in term of expenditure for most of the post-reform
Petroleum, oil and lubricants
122. The largest recipient of private remittances in the world in 2015 is?
123. The current exchange policy of India is?
Market determined exchange rate
124. The state which occupies the 1st position in bank depositsas on March 2017 is?
125. The establishment of which institution marks the beginning of the era of development
financing in India?
126. The Five Year Plan with the motto “Faster, Sustainable and More Inclusive Growth” is?
Twelfth Five Year Plan
127. The Chairman of Goods and Service Tax Council is
Union Finance Minister
128. An example of a hidden subsidy is seen in
Higher education in Public Universities
129. During the first four decades of planning in India, principal component of revenue of the central
government was from
130. Structural adjustment programs deal with
Reducing fiscal imbalances and adjust economy to long term growth
131. Book is to Library as Manuscript is to?
132. Monkey is to Nut as Sheep is to?
133. Find the odd one out of the following?
134. Ram runs faster than Shyam but is not fast as Janaki whilst Jane always beats Ram. Who is the
fastest runner amongst the above?
The above information is not sufficient to find out the correct answer
135. Jagan, Kishan and Madan have two favourite foods each. One of them does not like Rasgulla but
likes Lemon Rice. Kishan likes Parathas but Jagan does not like them. Madan likes Rasgulla.
Kishanand Jagan like Salad. Who likes Lemon rice if it is one of the favourite foods, the other
being Rasgulla, Salad and Parathas?
136. Find the next number in the series 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8 …..?
137. Find the next number in the series 2, 5, 11, 23, 47?
138. If coffee is 4, 16, 7, 7, 6, 6; then tea is?
139. Find the next figure in sequence?
140. Find the missing figure in the sequence of diagrams?
141. If AWAKE is coded as ZVZJD, what is the code for FRIEND?
142. If DIAMOND is coded as WRZNLMW then GARNET is coded as?
143. If PROTECT IS CODED as QSPUFDU, then DESTROY is coded as?
144. A clock shows 8 o’clock in the morning. Through how may degrees will the hour hand rotate
when the clock shows 2 o’clock in the afternoon?
145. Rajesh went 15 km to the North from his house. Then he turned west and covered 10 km. Then
he turned south and covered 5 km. Finally turning to the east, he covered 10 km. In which
direction is he from his house?
The following table provides education details of 16 year old children for three years. Read the table
carefully and answer the questions below:
Type of education Year and percentage of Children
2015 2016 2017
Full time Intermediate 69.4 69.8 71.2
Out of which
Study in Aided Colleges 28.0 28.2 28.9
Study in Govt Colleges 6.4 6.3 6.2
Study in Private Colleges 35.0 35.3 36.1
Polytechnic Colleges 17.4 16.8 15.5
Not studying in any college 13.2 13.4 13.3
Number of 16 year old (in thousands) 600.4 605.1 609.2
146. In 2016 how many 16 year old children were studying in Polytechnic Colleges (rounded off to
147. How many 16 years old more were studying in Private colleges in the year 2017 compared to
year 2016 (rounded off to nearest integer)?
None of the given options is correct
148. In 2015, what is the ratio of students in aided colleges: students in Govt colleges: students in
Private Colleges (rounded off to two decimals)?
4.38 : 1 : 5.47
149. What is the aggregate number of children who were not studying in any college for the three
years together (rounded off to nearest integer)?
150. What is the aggregate number of children who were studying Intermediate in Govt college for
the three years together (rounded off to nearest integer)?