- 1 Pharmacology Notes
- 2 Top 10 Anti Cancer Drugs
Cancer cells have lost the normal regulatory mechanisms that control cell growth and multiplication.
What is Cancer?
• Cancer cell have lost their ability to differentiate (that means to specialize). Cancer refers to any one of a large number of diseases characterized by the development of abnormal cells that divide uncontrollably and have the ability to infiltrate and destroy normal body tissue. Cancer often has the ability to spread throughout your body.
Types of Cancer?
• Benign cancer cell stay at the same place
Malignant cancer cells invade new tissues to set up secondary tumors, a process known as metastasis
Causes of cancer
Common Causes of Cancer:
Smoking and Tobacco. Diet and Physical Activity. Sun and Other Types of Radiation. Viruses and Other Infections
• Chemicals causing cancer are called mutagens
• Cancer can be caused by chemicals, life style (smoking), and viruses
A gene mutation can instruct a healthy cell to Allow rapid growth or Fail to stop uncontrolled cell growth or cells lose the controls (tumor suppressor genes) or even Make mistakes when repairing DNA errors
Definitions of cancer
genes that are related to cause cancer are called oncogenes.
Genes that become onogenic upon mutation are called protooncogenes.
General signs and symptoms of cancer
Unexplained weight loss
Darker looking skin (hyperpigmentation)
Yellowish skin and eyes (jaundice)
Reddened skin (erythema)
Excessive hair growth
Change in bowel habits or bladder function
Long-term constipation, diarrhea,
Sores that do not heal
White patches inside the mouth or white spots on the tongue
Unusual bleeding or discharge
Thickening or lump in the breast or other parts of the body
Indigestion or trouble swallowing
Recent change in a wart or mole or any new skin change
Nagging cough or hoarseness
Top 10 Anti Cancer Drugs
List of Anti cancer Drugs
Tumour necrosis factor α
HORMONES and RELATED AGENTS:
Anticancer drugs pharmacology pdf anticancer drugs list pdf classification of anticancer drugs wikipedia anticancer drugs classification ppt classification of anticancer drugs with mechanism of action classification of anticancer agents anticancer drugs classification mnemonics top 10 anti cancer drugs.