GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY – Important Questions RRB
Q.1. Who among the following Indian scientists is the first scientist to get Nobel Prize?
C. V Raman
Q. 2. ‘Liberty, Equality and Fraternity’ inspirations was derived from the:
Q. 3. Which of the following statements is/are correct about PravasiBhartiyaDiwas?
1. It is celebrated on 9th January of every year.
2. It was started by the Ex-Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
3. It is celebrated because Mahatma Gandhi returned to India from South Africa on 9th
4. First Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas took place in 2003.
1, 2, 3, and 4
Q. 4. Match the List (I) and List (II) and select the correct answer from the code given
List I List II
1. 19 (1) a a. To assemble peacefully and without
2. 19 (1) b b. To form associations or unions
3. 19 (1) c c. To freedom of speech and expressions
4. 19 (1) d d. To move freely throughout the territory
c a b d
Q. 5. Which of the following statements is/are correct about Zero Hour?
1. Zero Hour has special provision mentioned in the rule of procedure
2. India has adopted Zero Hour from UK
3. Zero Hour starts immediately after the Question Hour and lasts until the agenda from
the day is taken up
4. Before raising question in Zero Hour the members of parliament required to give prior
Q. 6. Complete the series 1, 2, 8, 33, 148, _?_
Q.7. Complete the series 18, 22, 21, 20, 24, 18, _?_
Q. 8. Prashant is taller than Anu. Anu is taller than Sonam but Shorter than Jyoti. Who is
Q.9. Which of the following statements is/are correct regarding land revenue policy of
1. Land revenue policies made the land saleable, mortgageable and alienable.
2. Land revenue was periodically revised in ryotwari areas but fixed in Mahalwari System.
3. Areas covered by Mahalwari system included North Western Provinces and parts of
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
1 and 3 only
Q. 10. The Treaty of Salbai was signed between:
British and Marathas
Q.11. There are six “Astikas ”(systems) of Hindu philosophy. Which of these is the oldest?
Q. 12. Consider the following statement:
1. (A) Air pollutants known as “PM2.5” increases the chances of heart diseases.
2. (R) These micro particles can penetrate deep in lungs and enter in blood circulation.
Both correct and R explains A
Q. 13. Which of the following is the key objective behind the establishment of National
Anti-profiteering Authority (NAA)?
Ensure that the benefits of reduction in GST rates are passed to consumers.
Q. 14. Consider the following taxes:
1. Income Tax
2. Corporate Tax
3. Service Tax
4. Custom Duties
Which of the above is/are Direct Taxes?
1 and 2 only
Q.15. With special reference to economic critique of colonial policies, consider the
1. Poverty and Un-British Rule in India : DadabhaiNaoroji
2. Economic History of India : Rajani Palme Dutt
3. India Today : Romesh Chandra Dutt
Which of the pair given above is/are correct?
Q. 16. Which of the following river is also known as “Uttara Pinakini”?
Q. 17. Which of the following the second layer of atmosphere:
Q.18. Find the correct statement/s :
1. Igneous rocks have no layers.
2. Limestone is white as well as black
3. Fossils are found in the igneous rocks
1 and 2 only
Q. 19. Who is the author of “The Stone that Speaketh”
Q.20. Which of the following district of Andhra Pradesh touches the boundary of
Q.21. Which is the competent body to prescribe conditions for acquisition of citizenship?
Q.22. Fundamental duties have been added in the Constitution by 42nd Amendment Act,
1976 in accordance with the recommendations of:
Swaran Singh Committee
Q 23. Which of the following is true in relation to the first five year plan of India for the period April1951 to March, 1956?
The planning commission presented a draft outline of a plan of development in July,1951
Q 24. Which of the following hub of NITI Aayog leads the engagement of states with central
Team India Hub
Q 25. The primary objective of the monetary policy in India is to:
Achieve price stability and economic growth
Q 26. Goods and Service Tax is a:
Destination based tax
Q 27. In the union budget 2018-19, central government proposed to launch which one of the
Q 28. The first Lady who donated one crore for the construction of Capital Ämravati” of
Andhra Pradesh State.
Q 29. Who has been the acting Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court since
Justice Praveen Kumar
Q 30. What is the ratio of sharing Legislative council members between Andhra Pradesh
and Telangana States.
Q 31. The new capital Ämravati” of Andhra Pradesh State, will be constructed in how
Q 32. Universal Children’s Day is celebrated annually on
Q 33. Which of the following is not a life style disease?
Q.34 Consider the following statements.
a. ‘MySecurity.in’ is a web portal that will be a platform for innovation in the field of security
related web applications.
b. It will be launched by Ministry of Home Affairs.
c. Any individual, company, student, NGO etc. can develop and deploy on this portal such
security applications which may be useful to the public.
Which of the above statements are correct.
a, b and c
Q. 35 Google and NASA have joined hands to identify which two new planets around distant
Kepler 80g, Kepler 90i
Q. 36 Which state became the first in India to launch a free e-mail address in Hindi for
Q 37. A geophysicist who studies earthquakes and the mechanical characteristics of the Earth is
Q 38 Subhas Chandra Bose started the ‘Azad Hind Radio’ in which of the following countries?
Q 39 The government of India announced its first Industrial policy in
Q 40 According to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the monsoon session 2018 of the
Parliament will be remembered as:
Social Justice Session
Question Number: 41
Which country tops in the FIFA global Men’s ranking 2018?
Question Number: 42
Recently, Delhi Daredevils was renamed as __________.
Question Number: 43
Indira Krishnamurthy Nooyi resigned as CEO of PepsiCo recently. Which year did she become the
CEO of this company?
Question Number: 44
Saina Nehwal wins _________________ at Syed Modi International 2018.
Question Number: 45
Author of ‘Gulliver’s Travels’ is:
Question Number: 46
Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion in collaboration with the World Bank ranked
Indian States in 2018 in ‘ease of doing business’ ranking. Which of the following sequences is
correct in descending order of ranking:
c) Andhra Pradesh
c – d- a- e- b
Question Number: 47
Union Home Ministry (MHA) approved Uttar Pradesh government’s proposal to rename Allahabad
as _____, on 1st January 2019, ahead of ‘Kumbh Mela 2019’?
Question Number: 48
Which country introduced a new “GAFA tax” named after Google, Apple, Facebook and Amazon to
ensure that the companies pay a fair share of taxes in Europe, on 1st January 2019?
Question Number: 49
Who became the highest international wicket-taker of 2018 with 78 wickets, on 30th December
Question Number: 50
India’s first engineless train is now named as
Question Number: 51
Which of the following is the correct order of medals won by India in the 18th Asian Games 2018
Gold Silver Bronze Total
15 24 30 69
Question Number: 52
Which state has got the highest ranking in the Bureau of Energy Efficiency and NITI Aayog’s
‘State Energy Efficiency Preparedness Index’ 2018 (SEEPI)?
Question Number: 53
Who is popularly known as ‘Missile Man of India’?
Dr. A. P. J.Abdul Kalam
Question Number: 54
In computer terminology, OCR stands for
Optical Character Recognition
Question Number: 55
First computer virus is known as
Question Number: 56
Which is the first engineering college of India?
Question Number: 57
Scientists of which institute have developed a simple paper kit that can test freshness of milk
and tell how well it has been pasteurized?
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati
Question Number: 58
As on March 2018, which of the following is the India’s fastest supercomputer?
Question Number: 59
Which of the following became the 25th State of India?
Question Number: 60
‘Father of renaissance movement in Telugu’ Rao BahadurKandukuriVeeresalingamPantulu was born
16 April, 1848
Question Number: 61
At the time of British rule in India, the direct elections were for the first time incorporated under
Indian Councils Act, 1909
Question Number: 62
With which inscription was Independent India’s first stamp issued?
Question Number: 63
In which year was PIN code introduced?
Question Number: 64
From whose rule was Goa liberated in 1961?
Question Number: 65
Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the Lists
List I List II
a. Andhra Pradesh 1. Chhath Puja
b. Arunachal Pradesh 2. Bohag Bihu
c. Assam 3. Losar
d. Bihar 4. Brahmotsavam
4 3 2 1
Question Number: 66
Mohiniattam is the classical dance form from:
Question Number: 67
Arrange the following Indian Freedom movements in chronological order
1. Non- cooperation movement
2. Quit India movement
3. Home rule movement
4. Civil disobedience movement
3, 1, 4, 2
Question Number: 68
As per Census- 2011 in India, Andhra Pradesh female literacy rate in percentage term is:
Question Number: 69
In which year were Konkani, Manipuri and Nepali languages included in the Eighth Schedule of
Question Number: 70
On which day was the Constitution of India adopted?
November 26, 1949
Question Number: 71
Which Article says, “India, that is Bharat, shall be a Union of States”?
Question Number: 72
Which one of the following Articles of the Constitution of India deals with the special provision with
respect to the State of Andhra Pradesh?
Article – 371 D
Question Number: 73
Andhra Pradesh has launched _______________ web portal through which people can view land
Question Number: 74
Who will be the beneficiary of umbrella scheme ‘PM- AASHA’ approved by the Union Cabinet on
Question Number: 75
The 23rd Chief Election Commissioner of India is
Question Number: 76
Which was the first Indian State formed on the linguistic basis?
Question Number: 77
Which political party formed the first non- Congress government? In which state?
CPI in Kerala
Question Number: 78
Who has been given power to decide whether a Bill is a Money Bill or not?
The Speaker of Lok Sabha
Question Number: 79
At present, what is the status of the Right to property?
Question Number: 80
Which state become the first state of India to ratify GST bill?
Question Number: 81
Who is the chairman of GST council?
Question Number: 82
The Indian Space Research Orgianisation (ISRO) is set to launch first solar mission in 2019-
2020. What is it called?
Question Number: 83
In which place the maiden meeting of BRICS Working Group meeting on “Energy Saving and
Energy Efficiency” was held?
Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Question Number: 84
Locally named ‘Pala Sora’ endangered species was spotted near Kakinada. What is the
original name of this species?
Question Number: 85
The first Union Territory of India to depend 100 percent on solar energy isDiu
Question Number: 86
Where was the world’s first ingeniously made high energy storage device unveiled on August 6,
Question Number: 87
The Thummalapalle mine which is considered to have one of the world’s largest reserves of
1.50 lakh tonnes of uranium is located in which among the following Indian States?
Question Number: 88
Which river flows between the Satpura and the Vindhya mountains?
Question Number: 89
Match List – I with List – II and select the correct answer from the codes given below the lists:
List – I List – II
a) Godavari 1. Mahabaleshwar
b) Penna 2. Ananthagiri Hills
c) Gosthani 3. Nandi Hills
d) Krishna 4. Brahmagiri Mountains
a b c d
4 3 2 1
Question Number: 90
In which state is the Silent Valley located?
Question Number: 91
Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
Dr. N.T.R University of Health Sciences Kurnool
Question Number: 92
As per 2011 census, the population of Hyderabad city was:
Question Number: 93
. Match List – I with List – II and select the correct answer from the codes given below the lists:
List – I List – II
a. Pahalgam 1. Jammu & Kashmir
b. Munnar 2. Rajasthan
c. Mount Abu 3. Kerala
d. Champawat 4. Uttarakhand
a b c d
1 3 2 4
Question Number: 94
Which of the following is not part of geological disaster?
Question Number: 95
Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the Lists
List I List II
(Major Dam) (State)
A. Cheruthoni Dam 1. Madhya Pradesh
B. Indira Sagar Dam 2. Tamil Nadu
C. Srisailam Dam 3. Andhra Pradesh
D. Mettur Dam 4. Kerala
A B C D
4 1 3 2
Question Number: 96
Which one of the following States has more than two major ports?
Question Number: 97
Which is the longest River of Peninsular India?
Question Number: 98
In a row of children facing North, Ritesh is twelfth from the left end, Sudhir who is twentysecond from the Right end is fourth to the right of Ritesh. Total how many children are there in
Question Number: 99
If the letters in each of the following five groups of letters are rearranged in the alphabetical
order and then the groups of letters so formed are rearranged as in a dictionary, which letter
group would have its group of letters in the “MIDDLE” among the five letter groups?
MEET, DEAF, ROAD, CODE, LACK
Question Number: 100
T, Q, R, W and E are sitting in a straight line. T sits between Q and R. W do not sit in the
middle and is the immediate left of E. Q and E occupy the extreme positions.
Find the position of W with reference to R.
Question Number: 101
Look at this series: 53, 53, 40, 40, 27, 27, … What number should come next?
Question Number: 102
In a lake, there are 10 steps labelled using alphabets from A to J. Starting from step A, every
minute a frog jumps to the 4th step from where it started., i.e.; from the step A it would go to
step E and from E to the step I and from I it would go to C etc. where would be the frog be at
the 60th minute if it starts at the step A?
Question Number: 103
In the following question, choose the correct code form.
If ‘air’ is called ‘green’, ‘green’ is called ‘red’, ‘red’ is called ‘sea’, ‘sea’ is called ‘blue’, ‘blue’ is called
‘water’ and ‘water’ is called ‘pink’, then what is the color of grass?
Question Number: (104 to 106)
Question Label: Comprehension
Answer the following questions based on these data:
Four people A, B, C and D went to four different places which is Kerala, Delhi, Goa and Gujarat
by different transports as follows- Train, Car, Aeroplane and Bus. The person who travelled to
Delhi did not travel by Bus. C travel by Aeroplane and went to goa. A went to Kerla by Car and
D travel by Bus.
Refer the above for the Questions 98 to 100
Question Number: 104
The person who travels by Train?
Is going to Delhi
Question Number: 105
Who among the following travels to Gujarat?
Question Number: 106
The person who travels by car is?
Going to Kerala
107. The Twelfth Five Year Plan also indicates the consequences of failing to make any significant
progress by outlining a Scenario 3 and it is called as:
108. As per Twelfth Five Year Plan document, In India, the percentage of households with
electricity has increased from 56 in 2001 to:
67 in 2011
109. In which Five year Plan document of of India, it was stated first time, that the producer of
food grains must get a reasonable return?
Third Five Year Plan
110. The market value of national output measured in base year prices is known as:
Gross National Product at constant prices
111. Personal income less disposable income is equal to:
112. Which of the following is true in relation to rural poverty, in India in 2011-12, based on Head
Count Ratio Method?
The rural poverty in India was around 25.7%
113. The difference between urban and rural average monthly per capita expenditure, in India in
2011-12, was around:
114. According to population census 2011, in India, the number of persons with disabilities
2.2 percent of the total population
115. Among the following four sectors, the contribution of which sector was the highest in overall
employment increase in India, between December 2014 and December 2015?
Information Technology/ Business Process Outsourcing
116. Which of the following is the Sustainable Development Goal-1?
117. In relation to poverty alleviation in rural India, ‘Supply of Improved Toolkits to Rural
Artisans’(SITRA) was a sub-scheme of:
118. The growth rate of India’s agriculture and allied sectors in 2015-16 at 2011-12 prices was
119. Which of the following was introduced by the government of India, for providing fertiliser
subsidy on Pilot basis, from October-2016?
Direct Benefit Transfer system
120. The green revolution in Indian agriculture was not driven by:
Use of traditional variety of seeds
121. The percentage of operational holdings owned by women in Indian agriculture in 2010-11
122. The basic reason for ‘feminisation’ of agriculture sector in India is:
Growing rural to urban migration by men
123. Government of India has identified How Many ‘Champions Sectors’ for renewed focus
under Make in India 2.0:
124. Start-up and Stand-up India initiative aims to promote innovation and entrepreneurship
Enterprising youth in India
125. ‘Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency’ provide funds to:
Non-corporate small business sector
126. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana aims to enhance power supply in:
127. In relation WTO, which of the following contains Peace Clause?
Agreement on Agriculture
128. The Securities and Exchange Board of India was established on:
12th April, 1992
129. On which one of the following items the GST council, in its 31st meeting, reduced the GST
rate from 12% to nil?
130. The chairman of the Thirteenth Finance Commission:
131. Which of the following is true in relation to Ayushman Bharat ?
It will provide health care coverage up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year for
132. The left canal of Polavaram Irrigation Project, once completed, will provide irrigation
East Godavari and Vishakhapatnam districts
133. Prakasam district in Andhra Pradesh will get irrigation facility through:
Gundlakamma Reservoir Project
134. Andhra Pradesh Integrated Irrigation and Agriculture Transformation Project (Phase-II)
funded by :
135. According to the inaugural edition of ‘State Energy Efficiency Preparedness Index’ Andhra
Pradesh was categorised as:
136. In Andhra Pradesh, Ultra Mega Solar Park-II is being set up at:
Talaricheruvu village in Ananthapuram district
137. In which district of Andhra Pradesh, the proposed port at Duggarajapatnam is located ?
138. Which of the following is the motto of Real Time Governance in Andhra Pradesh?
139. The Andhra Pradesh State has adopted which of the following approach to achieve the
Human Development Index of 0.9 by 2029 and to provide basic services to its people?
140. The objective of which of the following, in Andhra Pradesh, is to provide quality branded
generic medicines at affordable prices to all the people?
Anna Sanjivini Project
141. Andhra Pradesh State has announced Industrial Investment Promotion Policy for the
142. The amount of assistance provided by the central government for the development of
backward districts in Andhra Pradesh during 2016-17 was:
At the rate of Rs 50 crore for Seven Districts
143. To bridge the resource gap of Andhra Pradesh for the financial year 2014-15, the
assistance released by the central government to Andhra Pradesh from 2nd June 2014 to till
Rs 3979.50 crore
144. At which village of Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh state, foundation stone was laid for
the construction of a steel plant in December-2018?
At M. Kambala Dinne village of Myalavaram Mandal
145. The foundation stone for the People’s capital ‘Amaravati’ was laid on:
22nd October 2015
146. Under which section of the A P Re organization Act, the Central government provides
Special financial support for the creation of essential facilities.
147. The right to recover arrears of any other tax or duty shall be to the successor States in
Territories the place of assessment of that tax or duty is included in bifurcation as per
Section 50 of the Act
148. What is the percentage of Debt/GSDP Ratio (2013-14) of Residuary A.P?
Question Number: 149
Pointing towards a person in a photograph, Ankita said, “He is the only son of the father of my
sister’s brother.” How is that person related to Ankita?
None of these
Question Number: 150
Which one of the following Venn diagrams correctly illustrates the relationship among the classes:
Carrot, Food, and Vegetable?